- Source: FGS 0030.001, by Paul R. Sarrett, Jr. (email@example.com)
Mathias Sr. and Anna (RIPPY) TURNER Family.
(s/o Elijah Sr. & Edy J. (SARRATT) TURNER)
(1Gs/o Henry & Wife Unknown)
(1Gs/o of John Sr. & Nannie (MORGAN) SARRATT)
b. c1800, Union Dist., SC; d. May 1864, age 64
At the age of 20 abt 1820, Spartanburg Dist., SC. he married
the 19 year old Miss Anna RIPPY; b. c1801 Rutherford Co.
(present-day Cleveland Co.) d. 1880, age 79, Cleveland Co., NC.
They had at least 12 Children born to this Union:
(d/o Edward Ross, II and wife Mary (ELMORE) RIPPY)
(1Gd/o Edward, I., and Susanah (THOMAS) RIPPY
1. 1st son: Drury, b. c1820 m. c1840 Nancy TURNER, 5Ch.
2. 2nd Son: Elijah, b. c1822 m. *1846 Frances MOORE, Unk.
3. 1st Dau: Silvia, b. c1824 Not Traced!
4. 3rd Son: Edward A. or L b. c1828 m. c184? Polly QUINN, Unk.
5. 4th Son: Charles, b. c1832 Not Traced!
6. 2nd Dau: Betsy P., b. c1834 Not Traced!
8. 3rd Dau: *Sarah, b. *1835 m. c1860 James P. GIBSON, 4Ch.
7. 5th Son: *Mathis, Jr. b. c1836 m. c1867 Panthia OWENS, 6Ch.
9. 6th Son: *William, b. c1839 m. c1865 Jane Unknown, 7Ch.
10. 4th Dau: *Frances, b. c1841 Not Traced!
11. 7th Son: *Leonidas T., b. *1843 m. c1863 1) Amanda HAMRICK, 5Ch.
m. c1883 2) Emma PETTY, 0Ch.
m. c18?? 3) Grace HOLLIFELD
12. 8th Son: James K. Dock b. c1845 Not Traced!
Source: FGS 30.002, by Jean (LJJJPWM@aol.com)
E-Mail to this writer Apr. 29, 1997
She listed *5 children, but indicated they had 6.
She also listed Mrs. Anna (RIPPY) TURNER as d. c1832,
but last child was b. 1843 ..prs
Source: FGS 30.003, by Felix Turner
He listed 12 Children with some missing dates!
He has Sarah b. c1837 m. William GIBSON Sr.